Friday, August 28, 2009

Odin is 4 weeks!


So part of me can't believe how fast time is going by, and then the sleep deprived part of me believes it. Life has been good, having a son is just amazing. It is a challenge at time when you are so tired and he is cranky and won't sleep but the challenge is so worth it.
I feel like giving birth was an out of body experience, kind of surreal to look back on. I am so glad I have experienced it though. Couldn't imagine what some women have gone through throughout the ages to procreate. I feel very lucky to live in the age I do, where I know I am receiving  top care. Oh and the IWK Grace is just amazing, What a great bunch of people that work there. I felt very taken care of, they were all so wonderful.
I am sitting here right now drinking a tea with caffeine! haha didn't know if I would go back to caffeine or not but so far one every now and then is fine. I have a feeling when I stop breastfeeding I will drink coffee again. But for now just every now and then.
Life is so different not being pregnant anymore, food doesn't taste nearly as good:( and I actually miss feeling Odin inside moving around. That was one of my favorite parts of being pregnant. I am so happy to be able to hold him and have him here though. There is nothing better. The top picture is Odin at 2 weeks and the bottom one is Odin yesterday(so basically 4 weeks)

2 comments: